Abrasive blasting is a wonderful way to clean of a range of surface materials and it is widely used in many heavy industries, such as mining and offshore exploration, yet sandblasting can be very useful around the home. It is a great way to clean the driveway and paths, as it removes ground in dirt and grime, leaving the surface like new, and with a range of materials that can be used as a blasting medium, surfaces can be easily cleaned without causing any damage.
- Terrace and Patio Areas – No matter how nice your patio looks when it is first laid, sooner or later, the harsh climate takes its toll, but with a mobile sandblasting unit, you can easily restore the surface to its original condition. If you are looking for sandblasting services in Perth, for example, there is a well-established company that handles anything from a patio clean up to preparing heavy machinery for protective coatings.
- Walls – If your home is stone, brick, or concrete, sandblasting will make a dramatic difference by removing all traces of dirt, grime and residue, and the process is both clean and safe and takes next to no time. Experienced sandblasters would make quick work of the walls of a house, and once the work starts, it must be finished, as the difference is stark. A dull greyish colour will instantly be restored to how it looked the day the house was built, and if you want to clean the paths in the garden, this can also be done easily.
- Automotive Paint Spraying – Respraying a car is quite a big job and without doubt, the hardest job is stripping the paint from the metal surface, which abrasive blasting can handle with ease. This will strip away everything, leaving the bare metal surface ready for the first coat of primer, and the whole job takes only a couple of hours.
- Timber Furniture – If you have some furniture that you would like to repaint or revarnish, by far the easiest way to remove the pain or lacquer is to use sandblasting. The companies that carry out this work can handle even the smallest of jobs, and with small, mobile units, the technician can easily get to tough areas of anything that needs blasting.
- Oily Driveways – Engine oil is a big problem for a concrete or tarmac drive, and the best way to effectively remove this kind of stain is sandblasting. The right medium at the right pressure will ensure that the surface is not damaged, and by lifting everything off the surface, your driveway will look like new. Sandblasting is much cheaper than resurfacing the driveway, and it will restore the surface to its original condition in no time at all.
You might be surprised at just what sandblasting can do for your home, and with an online search, you can easily locate a suitable contractor to carry out the work.