If you’ve been trying to enhance your deck, patio, courtyard, terrace, or any outdoor area, it’s important to note that contemporary retractable roof systems are becoming increasingly popular in today’s day and age, and for good reason too.
So, regardless of whether you happen to own a café, event centre, restaurant, or even a residential home, feel free to use this brief article as the ultimate guide to understanding the ins and outs of today’s most prominent retractable roof systems.
What Is a Retractable Roof System?
In its simplest form, a retractable roof system is essentially a versatile roofing solution that can be affixed to the exterior of a building or constructed in a stand-alone fashion.
They are also referred to as operable roofs or retractable skylights and they tend to feature a push-button mode of operation that can either retract or extend a roofing provision over the system’s frame.
What Are the Included Features?
Although they’ve become synonymous with sporting arenas, swim centres, and stadiums, it’s worth mentioning that private retractable systems are able to provide all of the same benefits and advantages on a much smaller scale:
- The frame is made from architectural-grade aluminium and comes fitted with stainless steel fixtures. There are hundreds of distinctive colour schemes available to suit your unique property.
- The canopy is fabricated with highly durable and customisable PVC fabrics.
- Each system comes with a high-torque motor drive mechanism that keeps the roof canopy under perfect tension and self-adjusts according to the conditions.
- Built-in weather sensors can detect any type of climate conditions and respond appropriately regardless of whether the primary user is on site.
- Top-notch systems feature integrated 360-degree LED lighting with dimmable functionality to redefine and reimagine your outdoor area.
- The maximum width of a private system can span up to nine metres and provide approximately ten metres of total protection when fully extended.
What Are the Advantages of Installing a Retractable System?
If you decide to implement a retractable roof on your property, you’ll be able to start enjoying all of the following aspects starting from day one:
- Increased property value by way of a 30%-50% ROI on the initial installation costs.
- Robust protection for your outdoor furnishings, drapes, carpets, and floors as the roof canopies are designed to protect against the sun’s harmful UV rays, as well as countless other inclement weather conditions. These contemporary systems are 100% waterproof and channel any rainwater away from the covered area below.
- Added functional living space that allows you to host events or entertain guests. With on-demand shade and weather protection at your disposal, you’ll be able to facilitate lively outdoor gatherings on a year-round basis.
- Increased perceived boundaries without having to purchase additional land or facilitate extensive structural renovations. Your building will look larger and more noticeable with a versatile, augmented exterior space.
- Incredibly durable construction that comes with a five-year installation warranty and an even longer lifespan; a retractable roof system will become a permanent feature of your property.
As you can see by now, the decision to install a retractable roof system represents the foremost way to augment, enhance, and bolster your property in today’s day and age. Be sure to reach out to a reputable local manufacturer to review your options in a hassle-free manner.