If you wish to upgrade your bathroom economically, probably the best way to do so is by having it tiled. You can have wall tiles or floor tiles laid – either of which are water-repellent upgrades.
Today, pound for pound, tiles are a good value, whether they are used on a wall or on a floor. When you survey the costs per square metre and consider their low maintenance, you will understand the popular appeal of tiling.
The Benefits of Tiling
Tilers in Westminster promote the addition of tiles, as they offer the following benefits:
- If they are applied correctly (with grout and sealant), tiles add both beauty and value to your bathroom’s design.
- Tiles can be laid in a large range of stylish options.
- The installation of tiling is fast and efficient. About 160 feet of tiling can be completed in one day.
When planning an installation of tiles, you need to take the following aspects into consideration:
- The size of the room that is going to be tiled
- The type of the room
- The condition of the walls
Bathrooms often feature rectangular tiles that are laid in a portrait position. Therefore, the rows are higher than the column width. Smaller rectangular tiles, including mosaic-sized tiles, can be laid in a brickwork pattern for added emphasis.
To choose colours for a tiling project, select a plain colour for your base tile and offset that colour with a contrasting border. Alternatively, you may want to select two to four colours that go well together, laying them in a pattern. Another option is to feature plain tiles that are displayed with panel inserts.