Storm doors are among the preferred and frequently chosen types, not for bearing the word “Storm.” The work like sliding doors and facilitate homeowners to enjoy weather and beautiful views whenever they want. Unlike front doors that open into hallways, storm doors Canada allow maximum lighting and beauty to the home’s interior.
According to the experts, storm doors Canada have captured a large part of the market within a short time period. They do not only allow homeowners to keep the panels open but, there are a lot of practical reasons behind their installation. The components work like double-pane windows, having an insulating layer between the panels to reduce air leakage. The best thing about storm doors is that they have screen panels that enable homeowners to enjoy the weather by circulating fresh air within the area.
Types of Storm Doors
So, once a homeowner decides to install a storm door, there are some key decisions that he/she should have to make. It is important to consider the architectural style of the home and come up with the right material and quality. Since a front door is one of the frequently used components, it should be strong, sturdy and lasts for a longer time period. Its construction should be durable that can withstand any weather condition.
When homeowners consult with an experienced contractor like WindowTech, their representatives would mention the following types of storm doors Canada:
- Full-view storm door: Consisting of a full glass panel and screen panel, full-view storm doors allow inhabitants to enjoy beautiful views without making a lot of efforts. Experts usually recommend to go with a model that has taller kick panels because they reduce the risk of screen being kicked out.
- Ventilating storm door: Provided with a fixed half or full-screen panel, this type of storm doors Canada does not require inhabitants to swap the screen and glass panels. Homeowner, glass panel can be moved when there is need of cross-ventilation.
- Retractable screen storm door: The screen is attached from the door’s top. When it’s not in use, inhabitants can roll it up on a tensioned dowel.
Tips to Purchase a Storm Door
Since storm doors Canada are made up of different material types, they possess unique features and drawbacks that homeowners should consider before making a purchase. The most satisfactory models of storm doors Canada are:
- Wood storm doors: They are the real form of storm doors that gained popularity for being the most appealing and capable of giving a natural look. However, their need of painting and sealing badly affected their reputation. Wood doors are usually one-inch thick or less, thus tend to be lighter among other models to handle.
- Aluminum storm doors: They can resist corrosion and are available in different thicknesses of glass panels. The biggest risk of installing these types of storm doors Canada is that their corners may crack if the door is blown open in a storm.
- PVC storm doors: Just like aluminum doors, they can fight against corrosion and do not need sealing or painting. They can be textured as wood and are quite durable with welded corners. Though, PVC is a controversial material due to its ability to release toxins in the air.
- Fiberglass storm doors: They are just like PVC doors. This type is quite expensive and doesn’t release toxins.
Other factors to consider while selecting a storm door are the door locking mechanism and screen color. So, if homeowners need any sort of assistance regarding these aspects, they can simply log on to and explain everything they have in mind.